During the past year, we have been on a journey to rid our home of harsh chemicals that are found in just about everyday life’s products from food, cleaning & beauty. I’ve compiled together 7 chemical compounds can cause adverse health affects for you and your family.
1. Polyethylene Glycol (PEG-20) – found in skin/body care. Contributes to hormone disruption and greater risk of breast cancer.
2. Propylene Glycol – found in toothpaste, deodorant hair/body care. Toxic to the liver and kidneys.
3. Chlorine & Chloramine –damages the gut and has been found to cause skin issues. (These are often found in drinking water).
4. Artificial Sweeteners/Added Sugar – Anything that has an “OSE” ending. Sucralose and aspartame – very addictive; toxic to the brain. Causes inflammation and increases risk of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and heart disease.
5. Artificial Colors/Flavors (Yellow/Blue/Red) – causes leaky gut, inflammation, and toxicity of cells. Has been linked to brain cancer.
6. Enriched Wheat/White Flour – A highly processed carbohydrate. Stripped of essential nutrients and minerals. Reason for the “enriched vitamins”. Synthetic vitamins cannot be absorbed properly in your system.
7. Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP) – made from soy.
This of course is not a full list, but some that are very common. Comment on any other ones you find you should avoid.